- Shareholders approve 23rd consecutive dividend increase to CHF 2.95 (+4%) per share for 2019; representing a 3.5%1 yield and approximately 54% payout of free cash flow
- Shareholders confirm Dr. Joerg Reinhardt as Chairman of the Board of Directors as well as all other members who stood for re-election; Ms. Bridgette Heller and Mr. Simon Moroney elected to the Board of Directors
- Shareholders approve all other proposals of the Board of Directors, including the 2019 Compensation Report in an advisory …
At Novartis, we celebrate life and recognize moments that matter. One of the most life-changing moments our associates experience is becoming a parent and welcoming new life into their lives. In July 2019, we introduced equal paid parental leave of at least 14 weeks to all parents, regardless of gender. We believe that this will empower our people to make the right choices for the health and well-being of their families, by enjoying more flexibility and financial stability, at the times when it matters the most.
- LXE408 is a first-in-class compound, discovered at Novartis with financial support from the Wellcome Trust
- Novartis is responsible for completing Phase I clinical trials and has committed to maximizing access in endemic countries, once approved
- DNDi will lead Phase II and III clinical development, starting in India with additional trials planned in East Africa
- Leishmaniasis, which is transmitted by the sand fly, affects over one billion people; visceral leishmaniasis, the most serious form of the …
Majara, a 32-year-old woman from Greenville, North Carolina, in the US, vividly remembers the times when her sickle cell pain crises gripped her body so badly she couldn’t move. “It felt like a dump truck had actually fallen on my body and was just sitting there… Stabbing. I ached all over. There were times where I just wanted the doctor to take away whatever part of my body was hurting,” Majara recounts.
Majara lives with sickle cell disease –a complex and debilitating, genetic blood disorder that goes beyond sickle-shaped red blood cells. The disease is associated with chronic …
- Filings are supported by Phase III ASCLEPIOS I and II studies, where ofatumumab showed highly significant and clinically meaningful reduction in the number of confirmed relapses, evaluated as annualized relapse rate (ARR)1
- Ofatumumab is a novel B-cell therapy that delivers sustained efficacy with a favorable safety profile1
- If approved, ofatumumab has the potential to become a first-choice treatment for a broad RMS population and the first B-cell therapy that can be self-administered at home …
For Kassahun, a used clothing merchant in Ethiopia, managing his diabetes is something of an obstacle course. In the rural area where he lives, there are no doctors specialized in treating the disease, which if poorly managed can spark a host of other health problems, including heart disease, vision problems and nerve damage. So Kassahun travels 300 kilometers (approximately 186 miles) by public transportation to the capital Addis Ababa to see a specialist at the Black Lion Hospital, requiring him to spend several nights in a hotel.
“If we had more skilled physicians in the regions, …
- Beovu (brolucizumab) is the only anti-VEGF treatment approved in Europe for wet AMD that offers the option to start eligible patients on three-month dosing intervals immediately after the loading phase1
- For the more than 20 million people worldwide who are living with wet AMD, frequent injections are a common reason patients drop off existing treatments2-4
- Approval is based on two head-to-head clinical trials, HAWK and HARRIER, in which Beovu achieved robust vision gains that were …
Novartis is reimagining how it collaborates with law firms and legal services providers alike with the bold ambition to redefine shared value in its collaborations while at the same time driving more diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. “We recognize that corporate legal departments have an incredibly important role to play in ensuring that the legal profession accelerates its efforts to make meaningful progress when it comes to diversity and inclusion,” said Shannon Thyme Klinger, Group General Counsel of Novartis. “Building on our company’s public pledge to achieve pay …
- FDA Priority Review for capmatinib based on Phase II data in first-line and previously treated patients with MET exon 14 skipping (METex14) mutated advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)1
- Substantial unmet need exists among patients with METex14 mutated advanced NSCLC as there are no treatment options approved to specifically target this aggressive form of lung cancer
- Capmatinib review expected to be completed within six months
Basel, February 11, 2020 — Novartis announced …
Feb 05, 2020
We are aware of the recent Ministry of Health (MoH) announcement, that five EU states (Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria and Ireland) have issued a joint statement regarding our Global Managed Access Program (MAP).
In December, we announced a global MAP to make AVXS-101 available to eligible patients in countries where it is not approved by regulatory authorities. We collaborated with an independent bioethics advisory committee, including a range of experts including clinicians, bioethicists, patient …
Suite 204, Block 1
Long Cheng Plaza
Mutley Bend, Belvedere
+263 (242) 741 308
+263 (242) 741 309
Mon-Fri: 8am – 5pm